These come courtesy of my friend Jennifer. If you aren't a regular visitor over there, you should be!
- We're on the beach of an evening, enjoying the summer ocean breeze and the moonlight. What's the soundtrack to our chicks-only rendezvous?
When in doubt, I always go back to 60s soul-Temptations, Four Tops, Aretha, Otis. Some of it makes me dance and some makes me cry, but all of it makes me happy.
- How do you see Liam at age 25?
- Your mission, should you choose to accept it: build me the perfect pizza. What's on it?
- When I'm not feeling well, there is a trifecta of things I MUST HAVE. Ginger Ale (name brand ONLY), Cary Grant movies, and my favorite blanket. What "things" bring you comfort when you need it most?
- Knowing you knowing me knowing you, a gentle discussion about a particular book evolves oh-so-gradually into heartfelt - if not heated - debate. Which book is it? And if you're feeling really adventurous, explain why the opposing viewpoints?
He already says he doesn't want to get married, because then he'd have to live with someone! I do hope he's doing work that is meaningful to him and in a relationship that nurtures him. I also hope he changes his mind about giving me grandchildren!
Oh, girl, I'm the most boring pizza maker in the world. It's all pepperoni all the time over here. But it would have the perfect crispy crust, tangy sauce and just enough cheese, and maybe some mushrooms. And it has to be well-done-nothing worse than a soggy pizza. Oh, and of course there will be a cold adult beverage or three to go with.
My teddy bear Roosevelt, the afghan my Granny made me when I graduated high school and The Wizard of Oz or Gone With the Wind or Dr. Zhivago. Or all of them, if I'm wallowing for awhile.
This is a tough one. Our viewpoints are similar enough that I can't imagine us being polar opposites on a book, especially of the variety that we both enjoy. I guess I could try to provoke you by calling Pat Conroy a bad name, but you know my heart wouldn't be in it.