- Since I Met You Baby-Ivory Joe Hunter
- Bring Me All Your Lovin'-Allison Moorer
- The End of the Innocence-Don Henley
- What's Going On?-Marvin Gaye
- Only Want to Be With You-Hootie and the Blowfish
- You Got to Know How-Saffire, the Uppity Blues Women
- You Make Lovin' Fun-Fleetwood Mac
- The Richest Fool Alive-Patty Loveless
- True Companion-Marc Cohn
- Cash on the Barrelhead/Hickory Wind-Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris
It's just about impossible for me to choose the song that I like most this week; almost every one of these songs has some connotation that would make it my favorite in certain circumstances. But since it's long been fashionable to dis Hootie and the Blowfish, I'm going to choose Only Want to Be With You. That album was the soundtrack for a lot of fun for me. I've seen them play in a bar for essentially no one and I've seen them play to overpacked houses and they are among the nicest guys I ever met in all the years I was working in that business.
Song I like least this week would probably be The Richest Fool Alive, but not because I don't like it. Something just has to be last.
What are you listening to this last Friday of August?